Built in 1917 by order of the Compañía de Aguas de Barcelona to improve the hygienic conditions of supply, the House of Water Trinity Nova in Nou Barris is a new cultural attraction that extends the range of emblematic spaces from the city.
Great architectural and heritage
Water House is a facility for holding city events open to all, with a high heritage value and prime location between the plain of Barcelona and Collserola.
The relevance of the Casa del Agua, a center of environmental and new central axis in terms of economic development lies in its clarity and its architectural typology constructive. It is in fact one of the first reinforced concrete buildings in Barcelona. The whole modernist work of engineers and Steva Philip and Joan Planas silo, is included in the catalog of the city's heritage.
Originally, the complex was closed in 1989, which consisted of a ski lift, situated in the district of Old Trinity; some pavilions and a chlorination tank located in New Trinity and an underground tunnel connecting the two facilities and extended towards Collserola.
A new space
Today, this space, which in the past was vital in the history of Barcelona and in the supply of one of the greatest assets for survival, has become an area where residents can grow their gardens, and was returned to the district and rural peasant origin that has always had. Currently, the Water House is a facility with a high heritage value and location for holding city events open to everyone.