Ctra. de Ribes, 103-111
"The House of Old Trinity Water lift station was the water supply system of the city of Barcelona, built between 1915 and 1919, the year he came into operation. After the typhus epidemic that devastated the city in 1914, which produced a high mortality due to contamination of the water distributed by the municipal company, it was necessary to urgently renew the system of supply of drinking water.
The new system was designed by the municipal engineer Felipe Steva Planas 1915 and comprised various outdoor installations and pipelines underground. Fed water from the mine pits and Moncada, since the lift station in Trinidad Old impelled to Trinity New tank where chlorine from where gravity was conducted to Old Town and Barceloneta. It worked until 1989.
Currently this facility is in the process of adaptation for public visits by MUHBA (Barcelona City History Museum) and the districts of Sant Andreu and Nou Barris, in collaboration with social organizations and cultural proximity. The aim is to lift -l'estació main facilities visited Trinidad Vella, placing Trinidad and New pipelines connecting them to each other and the city- and understand the complexity of the water supply in the city Barcelona. The permanent exhibition The Revolution of water in Barcelona. Running water and modern city, installed in the main underground gallery, shows the strategies and systems providing water to the city from Roman times to the present. "Source: http://museuhistoria.bcn .com / en / node / 594
Automatically translated with Google Translate API.