It was founded by fifteen members on 22 October 1894 Pebble Street, when the Saints were independent towns of Barcelona, in the private home of one of its engines. After six months, when he was thirty, agreed to move to no. 3 Olzinelles street, a cottage surrounded by orchards and crops, which was made known among locals as the cooperators "Cooperative Camp." At the local, not far from the building that would occupy later, the number increased to eighty desocis. Early little collectivist
In its early days, the excesses of perception were distributed among the members, leaving nothing for any fund group booking, a practice that later consider themselves critically as "cooperative individualism." To enter there were paid 30 pesetas input, which is returned in less than six months if the member is given off, and if there remained, were the common fund. For many years, they were only allowed the heads of family, and could even enter, as direct members of the cooperative of women who had been widowed. Expansion and mutualism
In 1896 the cooperative moved to a house in the street Dalmau. In its lower had the grocery store and, upstairs, office and cafe. In that there would be their almost thirty years. In 1905 they were one hundred members, only a steady growth stagnated in 1914. The following year they drafted new statutes, which establish a reserve fund intended for cases of illness and disability, and it generated a sum capable of assuming pay four pesetas a day for members sick. Established, in 1923, a weekly fee of two pesetas in order to construct a building of its own. Meanwhile, the cooperative continues working now open all day, and a social currency itself. Those changes allowed them to arrive number one hundred and seventy members, largely organized as seen in the fact that while perform its tasks in the shop could not deliver products to members of his family. Building a space for neighborhood
In 1924 acquired land adjacent to the street anticdel Olzinelles and three years later opened the building of two floors and roof designed by architect Josep Alemany. The main door facing the street Olzinelles 31, on the ground floor there was a grocery store, the store and bakery, and the main floor, the coffee, the boardroom, theater, office, a small gym and a library. Cultural and political work
Had a group that was in charge of organizing cultural dance and theater, and 5 July 1936, we celebrated the Day of cooperatives, organized by the Saints, where he made a "Big Meeting of Affirmation Cooperatista "followed by a play titled Down the existing significant. Defeat in times of Franco and uncertain future
After the Civil War, 1941 is authorized pearl Falange, and two years later was absorbed by the Flower of May, losing its legal personality. Later, during the 50s, the cooperative disappeared and in their local nougat factory was installed in laplanta low Bahia and nightclub on the first floor. El1988 City Council closed the premises, and in 2006 when he was abandonatfins squatters temporarily freed space for Culture. Currently, when the residential fabric of the Saints claimed lack of spaces for the development of social and self-managed, -for his story building cooperative should be returned to the neighborhood worker rose.