Passeig de Salvat Papasseit, 11
- Ecodesign Centre and technological innovation
- Loan service or rental of equipment and other used items
- Company goods or services for sustainability
- Environmental education facility
- Accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Market or exchange point
The Ateneu de Fabricació La Fàbrica del Sol, located in Ciutat Vella district, is a public space promoted by the Barcelona City Council and open to everyone. We are dedicated to sustainability and focussed on the principles of circular economy and Zero Waste City. Here you can explore the world of digital manufacturing.
We have machines and a qualified team to support your projects and host activities based on the Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE), where sharing is the model. Our service focuses more on use rather than on property, because sharing is our business model, the city´s model and a way of life.
Ateneus de fabricació, use a form of compensation, which is a non-economic payoff that anyone using the resources of the athenaeum must make in return, througth which there is an exchange of goods without the need money.
Our activities are divided into three programs:
- Pedagogical program, by the Barcelona Consortium, aimed at schools, teachers and students.
- Social innovation program, for anyone who wants to carry out a project of their own or wants to learn about digital manufacturing.
- Familes program, techno-social activities open to the public.
Interview How should Barcelona be the future?